Sunday 4 August 2013

A Walk Back Memory Lane...May

May's outfits incorporated prints, emboidery, and black on black. I loved every single look from this month!!!

The first was a very girly and feminine look, which featured this beautiful pastel coloured, printed skater dress which I got from Oz Jeans. I love the thickness and texture the fabric this dress is made of. Its really sturdy and durable. To cinch in my waist, I wore my gold and black spiked belt from ASOS, and for accessories I threw on some gold arm candy pieces from ebay, ASOS and my River Island watch. I also added a hint of animal print with my purse/mini clutch.  For my shoes, I wore my beige and pink trimmed heels from Kmart. 













The second look is one of my favourite looks to date (but of course I have many of them...lol)!!! I love simple looks, that still make a statement, so thats why I love this look. Now the stand out piece in this outfit is definitely the embroidered peplum top, which is very reminiscent of something I could have got made in Ghana (but I actually purchased it from Oz Jeans)!!
I paired it up with some black jeans and my black and gold Scooter heels (which I also lovee)!! For accessories, I rocked a gold cuff bangle and my gold oversized mens watch. And to add a pop of print and color to the outfit, I rocked my fabulous Kente clutch from Ghanaian designer Ani Siyah.













For the third look, I rocked an 'aztec inspired' print dress with a very bold statement necklace piece sent to me from Statement Girl. The necklace created a really nice contrast against the print, which i really loved! The heels I decided to wear, were my camel coloured open toe, lace-up booties.












My final look for the month featured my new favourite high waisted disco pants. These pants are a dupe for the American Apparel disco pants which are very popular! The AA pants are $100+, but I got mine for $39, which for me was steal!! I initially didn't like the disco pants when they first came out, because everyone was wearing them, and I also thought the combination of the shiny finish of the fabric, and also the cut of the pants wouldn't flatter my curvy figure...but since purchasing them, they have become one of my favourite pants to wear!! They are so comfortable, they fit like a glove, and literally smooth everything out, especially the stomach area. Also, being that its high waisted, it really accentuates how small the waist is, which is definitely not a bad thing!!!

To dress up the look though, I added a black and white blazer, which I purchased from Sunnygirl last year, and it definitely added an element of chic-ness to the outfit. For my shoes I rocked my black and silver studded heels, to give it a hint of edge. And for my bag, I wore my small quilt 'chanel inspired' bag.














 





Thanks for stopping by! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment