Tuesday 23 July 2013

A Walk Back Memory Lane...December...

In December last year, my style incorporated lots of color blocking with bold bright colors!!

The first look featured this neon assymetrical chiffon top with I got from Valleygirl. I paired it up with blue jeggings from SES. I love the stretch that jeggings have, because it makes the fit that much more comfortable (especially if you are curvy from the waist down as I am)! For my shoes, I rocked these neon open-toe sandals from Windsor Smith, which was a gift from my brother :-)






This second look I wore to the Annual Ghanaian Christmas party here in Brisbane. I decided to incorporate the colors of the Ghanaian flag into my outfit, with the the popular color blocking trend. The peplum  top I wore, was from Little JC, and I love that the fabriic is textured! the jeggings were also from SES (as in the first look), and I opted for a pair of plain black heels and my faboutire kente clutch from Ani Siyah which I purchased on Ghana the year before.





This next look, I wore to a staff lunch at my work. It featured this fabulous Ankara bag which I received from Fashion233 (an online store based here in Oz, which sells customised ankara bags). These cute mesh, cut-out flats, which I got on sale at NOVO, and the necklace piece was sent to me from Statement Girl. This was a casual and comfy, yet chic look.








A few months later, I stumbled across Stella Jeans Spring/Sumer 2013 Collection and she featured this same ankara print in a poncho :-)

The final look was this cute baby blue, lace skater dress which I purchased from Little JC (one of my favourite stores!!) I just love, how flirty and feminine the dress is, and the fact that it had the scoop back! I added a navy belt to break up the dress a little, my bright pink pumps to create a bit of a contrast with pastel color of the dress. 
I wore this to my brothers 21st birthday party and it was a great night!! My mom did the catering for the party, so the food was AMAZING!!! 











I ended up changing my shoes, as the night went on, because my feet were not gonna make it with all that azonto-ing I was doing!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment