Friday 19 July 2013

Let me get you up to speed!! (Yes I'm back AGAIN!! lol)

Hey ya'll!!!! I know its been AGES since I last posted on here...I've been meaning to do it for months now, but everytime I open up my blog to post, I get distracted by something else and I don't get to it!
But today I said to myself, I have to get the ball rolling on this blog again!!
Those of you who follow me on instagram, tumblr and youtube will have seen all my fashion and style posts since I last posted on here in October. But for those of you who haven't been following me on my other pages (which you should!! lol), over the next few weeks, I'm going to get you up to speed on all that you have missed out on!!
So I apologise in advance, because there's gonna be a lot of posts, and alot of pictures :-)
My style has definitely evolved over the last 6+ months as a result of all the inspiration I've been getting from some of my favourite blogs!! And its exciting to see and hear the responses from my lovely subscribers/ followers, and all the support they have given me!!
Fashion has definately become an integral part of my life over the last year. My passion and love for it has grown, opportunities and doors are opening up for me, and God willing some big things will come of it! (I claim in in Jesus name!!)

Anyway in this post, I'll be showing you my looks from November last year...

The first look is a black bandage skirt that I've had for many, many years and this bright, neon and grey top that I grabbed at K-mart for about $5! I paired it with these heels that I got from NOVO with the snakeskin detail which I love, and an old clutch.






With this look, I paired some black jeggings with this very structured peplum top with the gold details on the side. Peplums are a staple in my wardrobe, because I absolutely love the silhouette it creates. It flatters pretty much any body type, and hides those problem areas (like the tummy), while accentuating the waist and curves. I also had a bit of a black and gold theme going on with my wedges, the clutch and also the accessories. (I love the black and gold combination)!!





 This look here was just a basic white tank top, with a white and black striped high waisted midi skirt. I decided to inject some color with my fuschia pumps, blazer and the bright, bold clutch. I love this midi skirt because the fabric its made out of is very solid and thick. It fits beautifully and is so comfortable. I think high waisted skirts are very feminine, chic and sophisticated, and once again, if you have a small waist, they definitely accentuate it.





 

I wanna give a shout out to the storm that was approaching for creating my own diva fan! lol




The last look was actually came about as a result of a collaboration video I did with one of my Ghanaian sisters on youtube! (and if you are not already subscribed to my channel, you should!!! lol)
We both decided to style a skater skirt. Mine was summer look, because it was summer here in Australia, and hers was a fall, look, because it was fall in Canada.
I decided to rock my skater skirt with a pretty pastel colored chiffon shirt that incorporated the color blocking trend, some bold, yet inexpensive accessory pieces, and a pair of beige heels with pink trimming.







Make sure to go and subscribe to my youtube channel for all my outfit videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment