Saturday 3 August 2013

A Walk Back Memory Lane...March

My looks for the month of March incorporated a little bit of everything...There was peplum, leather,  ankara, some neon, and also lace.

The first look featured a beautiful, structured, navy, faux leather peplum top, which I purchased from Oz Jeans. I went to Oz Jeans earlier on last year and found some awesome peplum tops, most of which I've already featured on my blog.

Now with this particular one though, I had it hanging in my wardrobe for  months, because I could not figure out how I was going to wear it, or what I was going to wear it with...
Then a friend of sent me a link to a blog called B Soup, where the blogger rocked the same top with some funky metallic pants! 
Also, i was watching entertainment tonight one day, and to my surprise, I saw Rosci rocking the same top (but in black0, while interviewing some celebrities at an awards show!! I was pretty chuffed, because I purchased my mine for only $30!!!

So anyway, i decided to wear mine with a black bandage skirt, which I've had for ages, and my taupe heels with the snakeskin detail, my ASOS clutch, a choker necklace, and a navy blue belt to add a little something to the waist.














 


Myself, B-soup and Rosci all rocking the same top =)

The second look was created from a collaboration that I was asked to be a part of, with some fellow Ghanaian youtubers. Six of us decided to do an outfit video, each featuring an ankara piece that we owned in celebration of our Ghanaian culture Ghana Independence Day!!
I decided to wear my maxi skirt that I got made in Ghana, once again by seamstress, and it was made from my FAVOURITE ankara print 'esubura'!!! The 'esubura' print comes in so many colours!! And what makes it stand out is the circle theme that runs throughout the print!! I styled mine with a plain white tank top, some bold blue wedges and added an orange belt to add some waist detail, and of course some funky, vibrant, ankara bangles!!






With the third look, I incorporated the very popular neon trend, with a bright neon yellow chiffon blouse from Valleygirl, which I paired up with my striped midi skirt. I really liked the contrast of the bold color, with the stripes1 I added my leopard print clutch and a gold choker necklace to accessorise.









The fourth look was a very cute, high neck, lace skater dress which I've had for some time now... which I accessorised my gold belt, my Collete Haymen bag, with the gold hardware, and some black heels with gold spikes, which I got from Kmart! So it was all about the hints of gold!!








The fifth outfit, my seamstress made for me on my trip to Ghana in 2011/12 . Its a tube maxi dress, with a fitted bodice, which flows down from there. Now because the color was so vibrant, I kept my shoes and accessory's very basic and minimal, and added a brown and black clutch.







The sixth outfit was a casual look I rocked to school...I wore a turquoise coloured 'A-line' shirt, with my black jeggings folded up. For my shoes, I wore my kente slippers which I purchased from Sa4a Designs in Ghana on my last trip, and I rocked my favourite bag for the month...my black Collete Hayman bag.



The final outfit for the month had a 'black and yellow' theme. It incorporated the same bright yellow peplum top that featured in the one of looks for December, with and a plain black, basic, pencil skirt, 
I added these black heels with stud and spike detail, which I got on sale from Myer years ago! These heels are very similar to the popular ....shoes from Zara, which I was actually looking to purchase...but when I found my pair in my wardrobe again, I thought it was a great alternative!
For my bag, I wore my black, oversized ASOS clutch, and once again






My Siren pair which I got for $30 back in 207, and the Zara Studded Sandals which at the time were selling for $100!!

Don't forget to stop by my youtube channel to check out all the videos of the outfits featured!
Thanks for stopping by! x

No comments:

Post a Comment